4 months baby updates:
- is sucking on his fingers constantly it drives me crazy. i tried introducing pacifier each time i see him sucking on his fingers but he refuses! we tried so many and he just doesn’t want any one of them. i was ok on not giving him the pacifier because i wanna let him teu self soothing. but there was once when i wanted to latch him, he pushed the boob away and started to suck on his fingers instead 😱
- seem to be able to sit in his stroller without struggling now. my mum will put him in the stroller while she does work around the house hahaha. now i wonder if i should get a better stroller for him? was toying with the idea to purchase a babyzen yoyo because it can be folded easily hence easy commuting with public or going overseas. but the price is a bit steep and i’m not sure if i’m willing to pay so much for a stroller so… kiv for now
- loves watching tv. this one also because of my mum and i heard from her bb a loves the black and white dramas like seniman bujang lapok, nujum pak belalang etc that they play on tv3 in the afternoons. he will excitedly coo and laugh along. hates cartoon so his source of nursery rhyme for now is from his mummy
- stretching his vocal cords by screamingggggg when he ‘talks’
- prefers his baba more than mummy. reserved all his big smiles and big laughters for his dad now. his dad can just watch him from far and when bb makes eye contact with him, he will start giggling and covers his face against my shoulder or neck. so cute and heartwarming but i’m so jealous he does not do that with me! 😞
4 months old mummy:
- on the weekend i returned back to work, there was one big lump near my left armpit and blocked duct under my right boobs. both lumps were huge and somehow i know it won’t be resolve with normal pumping and latching. i found zarinah’s contact on facebook with glowing reviews about how she managed to clear ducts very well. messaged her on a saturday night and she came over on a sunday morning and my session lasted two hours. it was damn painful please. turns out what i thought is normal, is not. apparently all my ducts were blocked for the left boob all the way to under my armpit 😨 took her one and a half hour to clear that one stubborn duct on the left side. and here i thought the right boob is the promblematic one because i keep having blocked duct there. i thought i will never get my soft boobs back ever since breastfeeding but alhamdulillah after her session, i realise i didn’t know that i’m an oversupplier, i didn’t know that i need to massage the boobs after pumping to fully clear the milk and that i’ve been using a bigger breast shield all along ☹️ don’t we all learn something new everyday? such a painful lesson for me honestly
- schedule for pumping session on weekdays will be 7am, 1pm, 6pm (if bb a doesn’t latch), 10pm (if bb last latch at 8pm), 2am (or whenever bb a wakes up for his night feed). then i realise i get so tired on weekdays i will miss either the 10pm or the 2am pump. since i do have enough supply in the fridge, i try to drop a pump session. if not, i’ll try to be hardworking again.
- i got myself a lenka carrier ssc wc oscha okinami wherefore art thou from the bst page on facebook and i’m in love 😍😍 have always love oscha’s okinami print but because wrapping is another set of skill i don’t wish to dip my toes into, i could only look at their pictures online and just sigh dreamily. can’t wait to wear it out because the base width is a bit big for bb now
i think going back to work and trying to be a perfect mum, wife and daughter afterwards is just so hard for me. somedays i’ll go back and try to stay up as much as i can to help around but other days i just crash and burn. i’m lucky the husb is understanding but i feel extremely bad for neglecting him at times.
we had our second anniversary dinner yesterday at maki-san with baby a in tow. our conversations revolve around bb now – how adorable he is, his latest milestones – hardly focusing on the both of us but we still thank each other for all the efforts that were put in to care and raise our son. is this how new parents are like?
i really can’t wait for my next stretch of annual leave in december. by then bb will be 8 months and i hope we will be able to start going for bigger adventures with him inshaa Allah